The owners say:
Established in 1933 as Deans & Duncan by Mr David Deans. It was formerly a blacksmith's business. An extension was built over the Back burn to provide space for equipment such as car hoist, air compressor, battery charger, etc. The rest of the space was given over to garaging private cars chiefly - many office workers left their cars on a daily basis to travel by rail to Glasgow. A moulding of Winston Churchill's face was placed on the outer wall, near the office around 1940.